It’s the New Year, which means out with the old and in with the new! This is especially applicable to weddings and even your wedding guests. Here’s a message to all past and future wedding guests: Why not leave the wedding guest faux pas of 2012 behind and usher in 2013 by vowing to abide by some simple new rules? Here’s a list of the top 10 New Year’s Resolutions every wedding guest of 2013 should make!
1. I will not ignore explicit instructions in the wedding invitations, and bring my children to an adults-only wedding anyway.
2. I will not stand up, noisily leave my seat, stand next to the altar, and take ten bazillion pictures during the wedding ceremony, all the while ignoring the weird looks by the bride and groom.
3. I will not be allergic to every single thing served at a wedding reception.
4. For the gals – I will not be mentally one-upping every single thing about my friends’ wedding day, even if my wedding was actually better. Instead, I will smile and have a great freaking time.
5. I will not get drunk and tell embarrassing stories of the bride or grooms’ college days to their family. Especially the old folks.
6. For the gals again – I will not wear a white dress.
7. I will not take a really embarrassing picture of the bride or groom, and post a photo to Facebook the other day tagging them. Furthermore, my caption will not sound something like “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”
8. Single peeps – I will not hate on the bride and grooms’ happiness.
9. Married peeps – I will not talk about how crappy marriage can be during my friend’s wedding.
10. Babies – I will not cry during the ceremony.
LOVE THIS POST? LET’S BE FRIENDS: