This is a guest post by the great people from Wedding Happy, who’ve created a simple, helpful wedding planning app for your special day. Read all about their superb planning tips below, and find out more about them in their bio!
Congratulations on your engagement! Planning your wedding is an amazing time for every bride- and groom-to-be. There’s nothing like those first few months after you become engaged and there’s no doubt that is one of the happiest times in your life.
Before you go shouting from the rooftop to the entire neighborhood that you’re getting married, there are a few steps you will want to take sooner rather than later. Let’s look at five wedding planning tips to get you going in the right direction.
1. Get yourself a wedding planning app. Make planning simpler. There are many wedding planning apps that are available to do the thinking for you. With just a few clicks and swipes on your smartphone, you can have a fully customized timeline of what you need to do and when in order to plan your wedding day.
2. Have a sit down with your fiance. Now is the time to get clear on each other’s expectations. You’re an unstoppable team and your wedding that you plan together is going to be fabulous! Discuss some weddings you’ve each attended and make note of anything that you liked or didn’t like. It’s also important to talk about your family members and their expectations. Decide together ahead of time how much those will influence your planning decisions. This would also be a good time to warn your fiance about Uncle Bob. You know who I mean.
3. Discuss the budget. Consider opening a wedding bank account. Weddings and honeymoons – no matter how big or small – cost money. To avoid financial quandaries in the future, discuss the overall wedding budget early in your planning. You may even want to open a joint bank account if you don’t have one already and use it specifically for your wedding. Then add money to the account on a regular basis, even if it’s a small amount. Figure out what you can reasonably afford and go from there.
4. Announce your engagement. Once you change your Facebook status to engaged, be ready for the flood of posts to your wall (and the advertisements — just warning you). You will probably want to take a few days to call close family and friends to tell them. If you get engaged close to a holiday, you can share the awesome news with your family then. Of course you can check out Pinterest for engagement announcement inspiration if you’d like to do something fun and creative.
5. Be happy! Take your time. This special time in your life only comes along once. Preparing for your wedding can be daunting but it’s also a fun, creative project that you and your fiance can work on together. Enjoy this amazing time in your life with each other and share it with your loved ones!
Described by users as the “brides best friend,” WeddingHappy helps the event planner manage wedding tasks and vendor information from the ease of their iPhone or iPad. Since its launch in 2011, WeddingHappy has received more than 100 5-star reviews and has became one of the most sought-after wedding planning applications. In addition, WeddingHappy Chinese is the first productivity app available for Chinese weddings. Following WeddingHappy at @weddinghappy, and visit us at www.weddinghappy.com.
LOVE THIS POST? LET’S BE FRIENDS: