Well 2012 has come and gone – but with it came some wedding styles that we’ll never forget! We’ll admit, while there were some great trends of 2012 that we hope will stick around next year, there are also a few that we hope to leave behind. A new year means new ideas and fresh starts anyway, right? Here are the best (and worst) wedding trends of 2012. Who knows what amazing styles 2013 will bring?
1. Wedding dresses with sleeves: Trendy yet tasteful, sexy yet subtle, we loved the return of delicate, pretty sleeves to wedding dresses.
2. Tasteful glitter and gold: I’ll be the first to say that too much glitter anywhere looks like an over-enthusiastic toddler’s craft project. However, 2012 was the year that weddings proved glitter and glimmering gold accents could be a welcome accent to any sophisticated fête.
3. Bridesmaids dresses in neutral hues: Bridesmaids everywhere rejoiced in 2012 as brides shied away from choosing bright and unflattering colors for their bridal party. Instead, we ooh-ed and ahh-ed over the pretty neutral dresses worn by bridal parties – and noticed how much happier the bridesmaids looked!
5. Intimate, down to earth weddings: While a wedding is still a massive, crazy affair, in 2012 we saw couples forgo the DJ and 10-course meals for smaller, rustic weddings with intimate ceremonies and inviting receptions.
1. High-low wedding dresses:
2. Mustaches on EVERYTHING: I love a good mustache in a photo booth or on a hipster mug every now and then, but am I the only one who’s a little sick of mustaches after Movember? Let’s all take a moment to tone down the facial hair frenzy in 2013, shall we?
3. Couples boudoir sessions: Am I the only one who feels a little uncomfortable when I see a couples boudoir session?
4. Really long, overdrawn will-you-be-my-bridesmaid cards: Just cut to the chase and ask your friend to be your bridesmaid. Why would anyone want to be your bridesmaid when your card goes on and on about how you’re going to go bridezilla-crazy on her?
5. Disposable cameras: The 1980s called. They’re wondering why on earth you’re STILL using disposable cameras.
So those are my thoughts – what’s yours? Did I miss anything, or do you disagree with some of my choices? I would love to hear what you loved and disliked from 2012 – and what trends you’re looking forward to in 2013!
LOVE THIS POST? LET’S BE FRIENDS:
CREATE A FREE APP FOR YOUR WEDDING!