Planning a wedding can be great, and the excitement you feel when you first get engaged is amazing! However, as many a bride will tell you, planning your wedding can also be really stressful. So how do you cope? Well, we’ve found that there are 5 stages of wedding planning that every bride goes through.
1. The first stage of wedding drama is denial. Of course everything is going to go perfectly. Why wouldn’t it? All these so-called problems that are coming up aren’t really that bad.
“Of course I’m totally fine with the tie my fiance picked for his groomsmen.”
“I’ll definitely have enough time to make these 5 DIY projects for my wedding in the next week.”
“I’m sure my future in-law didn’t mean it when she said she wanted to invite all her second cousins. Right?”
2. Next is frustration. While you’re super excited to get married, isht is officially hitting the fan.
Your bridesmaids don’t like the dresses you picked out for them…
A third of your invitations got lost in the mail…
And generally, you want to give the world one of these:
3. The third stage is bargaining. You realize your wedding planning might not be going as smoothly as you thought, and you’re DEFINITELY not sticking to the budget you planned.
You really start to bargain hard with your vendors…
It’s a nightmare every time you look at your budget spreadsheet…
You generally are very sad about your wedding finances.
4. Wedding planning depression hits.
Meanwhile, your fiance is like:
5. The last stage is acceptance. Your wedding is going to be perfect. We repeat, IT’S GOING TO BE PERFECT. It’s your big day, after all. All these planning details are just obstacles to the big day, but you can overcome them. Hell, you’re getting married!
So you go, girl. Plan that dream wedding. It might be hard, but gosh darn it: you’re getting married! So ultimately, it’s going to be the best day in the world.
LOVE THIS POST? LET’S BE FRIENDS: