Your wedding day photos are probably some of the most meaningful and gorgeous photos you’ll take in your lifetime. I’m definitely of the opinion that if you’re going to splurge on one thing for your wedding day, getting a great photographer who’ll take quality photos that you love is the best choice.
However, with all the focus on the wedding photos and the photographer, brides can sometimes forget that there are tons of other special moments you’ll want to remember — from the moment you get engaged to your honeymoon is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you won’t want to forget! Even if you’re spending the big bucks on the big day for great photos, there are ton of other smaller occasions to document, like the engagement party, the first time you try on the dress, or the night before the wedding day. We’ve compiled a list of the best and most fun moments you’ll want to capture — from the engagement to the big day.
1. The proposal, of course!
2. A picture the bridesmaids with signs that describe their relationship to the bride
3. When you finally find the dress!
4. A series of pictures of the bride with a sign that counts down the days to your wedding at special events (engagement dinner, bridal shower, bachelorette, etc)
5. A photo of you and your sister or best friend together at the bachelorette party. Good or bad, you’ll treasure it forever!
6. The couple and the signed marriage license
7. A photo of you and the groom the day before the wedding
8. A photo of your personal vows, and your significant other reading them the night before
9. You and the groom holding your parent’s wedding photos on your own day
10. You and your bridesmaids’ coffee orders on the day of the wedding
Hopefully this gives you some great ideas of photos to capture before you walk down the aisle! Your friends and family can do a great job helping you capture the moments from this list, and many many more. So make sure that you track down and collect the photos that they take at every pre-wedding celebration — you won’t be sorry!
LOVE THIS POST? LET’S BE FRIENDS: