As of yesterday, Wedding Party is officially one year old! On August 1 of 2012 we launched Wedding Party in the App Store, and since then it’s been a wild ride. We’re so thankful to everyone who’s helped us on our journey, from our friends and family to our wonderful app users. We wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for all the great support we’ve had from the brides, grooms, and wedding guests who have downloaded and used our app for their big day. So THANK YOU guys, and keep being awesome!
It’s always so crazy to look back on a year and see that it’s gone by so fast. Here are some highlights from our first year with Wedding Party:
- August 1, 2012: We made our big debut on TechCrunch! Slowly but surely, couples start setting up their wedding apps with us.
- Feb 12, 2013: We make something new: Introducing.Us! We’re pretty excited about making a this awesome, free web save-the-date.
- Feb 21, 2013: We raise $1 million dollars in seed round funding. Things start to get real…
- April 1, 2013: We move to a new office in downtown Palo Alto! Even though we have a bigger space, we all decide we still want to sit in the same room together. Typical.
- April 29, 2013: We release our awesome wedding details feature, and take Android out of beta. We’ve been so productive!
- August 2, 2013: Today! We’ve grown to an awesome team of 8, adding Danny (Android engineer), Guillherme (iOS engineer), Stephanie (marketing), and Amanda (marketing intern).
We don’t know what next year will bring, but we know it’s going to be just as amazing (if not better!) than our first year as a company. We hope you guys will stick around with us on our journey…
LOVE THIS POST? LET’S BE FRIENDS:
CREATE A FREE APP FOR YOUR WEDDING!