So you’re considering eloping but worried that it won’t truly feel like your wedding day. Don’t stress! We put together 6 tips to help you make your elopement feel more, well…wedding-ish.
1. Dress the part. - Just because you’re not having a wedding doesn’t mean you can’t wear a wedding dress. We suggest you wear whatever makes you feel like a bride! If that means you end up wearing a colored ball gown in town hall or a mermaid dress in the woods, so be it. It’s your day!
2. Get dolled up! - Don’t skimp out on pampering yourself. Get your hair and makeup done. You’re still a bride after all!
3. Hire a photographer. - Elopement photos are beautiful and often very sweet. Don’t miss your chance to make some of your own.
4. Invite close friends and family. - You don’t have to elope alone! Inviting some of your closest loved ones is a great way to share the moment without the wedding stress.
5. Throw a party! - Allow others to celebrate your love with you at an elopement part! It’s a great way to save some cash but still have the opportunity to share you day with others. Plus it’ll be super fun!
6. Remember what marriage is really about. – The whole reason to have a wedding in the first place is to get married and express your love for your significant other. When you elope you do just that. At the end of the day all that really matters is that you and your new hubby are newlyweds. Congrats!
Was this helpful for you? Or can you tell us your tips on how to make your elopement feel like your wedding day? We’d love to here them!
LOVE THIS POST? LET’S BE FRIENDS:
CREATE A FREE APP FOR YOUR WEDDING!