Yes, your rehearsal dinner is the time to perfect the all-important wedding march, but who says you can’t have fun afterwards? Why stick to a stuffy, done-before dinner when you can use the opportunity to really show your bridal party a good time? They have been by your side throughout your entire wedding journey and it would be nice to give them a little thank you surprise before the main event. Here are a few of our favorite alternative rehearsal dinner ideas that can help make the night extra special for you and your guests.
1. Bon Fire Fiesta - Post rehearsal; gather your beloved guests around a roaring fire for a little pre-wedding fun. You can roast some marshmallows, put your toes in the sand, and relax with the wedding party before the big day. Plus – how romantic is a bon fire?
2. Bring It In Brunch - Who says you even have to have a rehearsal dinner? If brunch is more of your thing we say go for it! Whether your wedding party comes together over Margaritas or Mimosas; all that matters is that you have your loved ones near before the big I do! So if dinner is not your group’s cup of tea don’t be afraid to switch things up.
Pssst! Thinking of having a wedding day brunch? See here for inspiration!
3. Friendly Competition - After practicing your wedding march, let loose with some game time. You already have all of your closest friends rounded up anyway; you may as well have some fun with them! Go bowling, have a potato sack race, or just toss some corn hole bags and enjoy your time together.
4. Karaoke Craze - What better way to bond with your wedding party then while crooning over the latest pop hits? This can be a great way to bring your bridal party together and loosen up at the same time.
5. Movie Night - Looking for something a little lower key? How about an outdoor movie night? It’s relaxing but a little more special than just a regular old dinner. Take a vote on the movie, pop some popcorn, and let the good times roll!
6. Wedding Wine & Cheese - Yum, who doesn’t love wine and cheese? This is great if your guests aren’t already acquainted because it will encourage them to mingle while sampling some of the delicious wine and cheese flavors. Your wedding party is sure to transform from perfect strangers to full on friends in no time.
Will you be doing something a little out of the box for your rehearsal dinner? We’d love to hear all about it in the comments below!