Woohoo! Fall is right around the corner and we couldn’t be more excited! Seriously, is there any season more inspiring? You’ve got rich colors, the changing of the leaves, and tons of new flower options. It’s the perfect time to tie the knot! So,why don’t more brides opt for a fall soirée? We still can’t figure that one out but what we can do is try to inspire you fall bridal beauties to make the most of this stunning time of year. Here are 5 fall wedding tips to consider while planning your big day!
1. Don’t be afraid to ask. - Since busy season for wedding vendors is usually in the summer time, some businesses may be willing to cut you a deal for your fall wedding. Makeup artists, bakeries, and even some wedding venues may lower their prices in an attempt to generate business during their off season so keep an eye open and don’t forget to ask. The worst thing they can say is no!
2. Warn your wedding goers. - Keep your wedding guests happy by warning them about event locations so that they can dress accordingly. It’s pretty hard to get swept up in the wedding magic while you’re freezing, so you may want to consider providing heaters, blankets, or umbrellas if there’s a chance the weather is going to be unruly. Taking these extra steps will keep the focus on you, not on your poor planning.
3. Be one with nature. - Take advantage of the season’s natural beauty by incorporating fall specific nature elements into your big day. Consider using things like twigs, leaves, apples, fruits, and cranberries in your centerpieces, bouquet, and wedding photos. These things not only drive home the fall theme but also add loads of color and texture for little or no money! Woot Woot!
4. Play with color. - Something a lot of people tend to forget is that there are other fall colors besides orange and brown. We think this is a huge mistake because of the amazingly vast color palette the fall season has to offer. For example, if you’re more of a neutral girl we love the idea of a fall wedding done in blush, gold, or champagne. For the bolder bride consider shades of cranberry, deep green, or taupe-y lavender. Don’t limit your fall fairytale to the ordinary. Think outside the box and make your wedding uniquely you!
5. Feast on fall food. - This idea is hands down our favorite even though it may go without saying. If you’re having a fall wedding you MUST include a few fall food favorites, especially at the dessert table. We like the idea incorporating things like apple pie, pumpkin pie, and apple cider. Yum!
So what do you think? Will you be using any of our fall planning tips? Share some of your own in the comment section below!
Psst! – Looking for more wedding planning ideas? Check out our latest Wedding Savvy Saturday post all about unique reception ideas!