I can’t stress enough how essential (and funny!) this blog post is going to be for you newly engaged ladies who are looking for engagement photo advice. There’s a lot of cliche engagement photo inspiration out there on the interwebs, and sometimes it’s hard to sort out what might work well, with things that just are going to look silly. Well, we’ve put together a definitive list of suggestions for what NOT to do in your engagement photos.
Now, I’m going to be fair. Engagement photos should be all about you and your fiance, and it should reflect your lives accurately so that you can look back on the photos with fondness. I don’t know these couples or their stories; it could be that these are the engagement photos of their dreams, or that it reflects their personalities in some sort of way that I just don’t know about. Not everyone is the same, so these 12 rules just aren’t going to work for everybody. But hopefully they give you some guidance, ideas, or giggles for your engagement photo planning. And if you want to see more, just hop on over to the Bad Engagement Photos tumblr…I know you’ll love it.
1. Don’t be afraid of cooties
2. But remember, keep it PG
3. Your cats are adorable, but…
4. Please PLEASE leave these props at home
5. Ladies, stand up for yourself. This is just degrading.
6. Keep your undies hidden. Or, at least wear cute panties if they have to show.
7. Don’t look like you hate your life
8. Tone down the photoshop
9. On a railroad? LOOK OUT FOR THE TRAIN.
10. Don’t take “put things into perspective” too literally
11. Good for an instagram photo, not great for your professional engagement photography
12. Just…try to do things that make sense
So what do you think readers? Are my 12 rules totally unfounded, or do you agree with the cliche engagement photo mistakes to avoid? What did you do for your engagement photos, and how do you think they’ll stand the test of time when you look back 20 years from now?