With every new year comes a new influx of fabulous wedding trends, and this year is certainly no exception. From dresses to decor to invitations to cakes, the wedding world is in a tizzy gearing up for a new season of beautiful blushing brides. With all the excitement and anticipation, it’s easy to get overwhelmed, but fear not lovely ladies! Wedding Party App is here to the rescue.
Anyone who has ever been to a wedding knows that one of the most beloved and time-honored traditions is the celebratory cutting of the wedding cake. And really, no wedding is complete without the perfect cake. Just as wedding dresses are the most important part of wedding attire, wedding cakes are the most important part of wedding menus. As the centerpiece of every wedding reception, the cake is an essential part of any couple’s big day.
So if a little inspiration is all you need, look no further. Here’s a look at some of the top wedding cake trends you can expect for 2014:
1. Statement Cakes – Today is your special day and your time to shine. Make your wedding cake as unforgettable as your wedding day with sky-high or topsy, turvy upside down statement cakes.
2. Ruffles and Ribbons – These wedding dress inspired cakes are soft and sweet, just like the elegant ruffles of much sought after dresses by favorite designers like Vera Wang.
3. Metallics – Make your centerpiece really sparkle and shine by adding a hint of metallic in gold, silver, or bronze.
4. Naked Cakes – These natural, unfrosted cakes are layered with buttercream, jams, fruit purees, and curds. Perfect for a simple, rustic wedding.
5. Cupcakes – Looking for a cute, sweet alternative to the classic wedding cake? Then look no further than the cupcake–one of 2014’s hottest bridal trends.