Picking your wedding colors is never an easy task. After all, the colors you pick are going to be the ones that appear and reappear throughout your wedding day, so you’ve got to love them! But how is a bride to decide, with all the pretty hues out there? And how will you know which colors to pick and pair together? Here are some of our tips:
- What does your venue look like? Are you having an outdoor ceremony or an indoor ceremony? There might be some colors in the venue’s natural scenery that might inspire you — think dark plums for a vineyard wedding, or blues for the beach.
- What season will you be married in? Warm, muted autumn colors might look strange in a springtime ceremony, and those springtime pastels might be out of place in your fall wedding.
- Think about your bridesmaids. What colors do you see them in? Many brides actually choose their wedding colors after picking out their bridesmaids dresses.
- Look for inspiration everywhere. I’ve seen weddings whose colors have been inspired by the smallest things — the colors in a favorite patterned blazer, or the hues of a bouquet.
- Create an inspiration board on Pinterest — however, be very picky with what you Pin. Pinning indiscriminately is fun, but at the end of the day you’ll have a board without a cohesive look or feel. Choose a Pin that you absolutely love, and build a board around the colors, textures, and lighting in that one photo.
One of our favorite looks is sunshine yellow paired with dusty, elegant gray. This color combination is bright and cheery without coming off too bold, as the gray gives the look a more muted feel. Perfect for the springtime throughout the summer, yellow and gray works well with nearly every venue. However, we particularly love the look for weddings taking place in country clubs, backyards, and modern, white reception spaces.
See more of this beautiful wedding day look with the inspiration board below!
Isn’t this color combination just so smart? In this particular board, we started with the perfect yellow and gray Damask Arches Invitation by Ann’s Bridal Bargains in the Canary color, and built around it. The regal damask print and the colors of the invitation served as the perfect inspiration to create this sophisticated spring time look.
How will you discover your wedding day colors? If you’re just starting out, look for that one wedding day must-have and build your inspiration board around it, like we did above with the wedding invitation from Ann’s Bridal Bargains.
Love the idea of building your wedding colors around an invitation? Check out Ann’s Bridal Bargains and see if there’s an invite out there with your perfect wedding colors. Even better? Wedding Party readers can use the promo code: WEDDINGPARTY15 to get 15% off wedding invitations! Hurry though; the offer’s only good until Sept. 30, 2014, so snap up those invites you’re eyeing ASAP!
This is a sponsored post.