We’ve all seen them — the photos of adorable pups on a wedding day, cavorting down the aisle with a ring sewn to their collars or a flower crown atop their ears. There’s no denying that dogs at weddings are just too. Darn. Cute.
If you’re thinking of bringing your pup to your wedding day though, there’s a few things to keep in mind:
- Does your venue (ceremony and reception) allow pets?
- If you’re bringing your dog, what do you need to pack for them to get through the wedding? (Think a leash, food, treats, any medication, etc.)
- How well-behaved is your pup? Is there a chance he could start barking during there ceremony, or steal the show in some other not-so-desirable way?
- Who will be your default dog-sitter during the wedding ceremony and even the reception? (Your wedding day is such a whirlwind, you won’t have time to remember if Fido is hungry or needs to go out!)
- How will your pet get home, if you’re doing a special getaway or spending the night elsewhere?
Once you figure out the above questions, you’ll get a clearer sense of whether or not having your fur baby at your wedding day is actually right for you. If your dog will be attending, it’s safe to say you’ll they’ll be TOTALLY excited to watch you tie the knot, just like these 35 furry friends below!
And now, for the one wedding cat (who, I have to say, is WAY less into the whole wedding thing than dogs)…
That guy still looks pretty handsome, though! Well, brides, what do you think? Could you take your dog to your wedding ceremony and reception… or is that too risky for you? Let us know in the comments!