Weddings and dancing go hand in hand, but when you’re getting together a bunch of people who don’t know each other, how can you be sure everyone will let loose and get jiggy with it? Alcohol can help, but so can group dance songs that everyone already knows! We’ve compiled a list of the best wedding dance songs for you to share with your DJ or add to your playlist to ensure that your guests have a blast on the dance floor all night long. To make things even easier, we’ve included video links to the dances themselves so you can brush up on your moves ahead of time!
- 1. Electric Slide, Marcia Griffiths – Young and old will know all of the steps to this classic wedding dance song!
- 2. Cupid Shuffle, Cupid – A new classic that has all of the moves directly in the song lyrics
- 3. Cha-Cha Slide, Mr. C The Slide Man – Another more recent one that is a crowd favorite, cha-cha real smooth.
- 4. Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae), Silentó – A new song, but we promise any kids at your reception will love you for playing it. Plus it’s hilarious to watch kids dance to this one; seriously, just check out the music video (get it tu-tu girl!).
5. Copperhead Road, Steve Earle – Possibly a little less known, but still quite easy an a ton of fun. Don’t be surprised if you break a sweat on this one.
6. Wobble, V.I.C. – One of our favorites!
7. Shout, Isley Brothers – Okay, this one doesn’t have a group dance, so to speak, but it is sure to get everyone out of their seats and on the dance floor.
What are your favorite wedding dance songs? Let us know in the comments below!
P.S. Check out these awesome coasters from Etsy to help prevent guests (like me) from spilling drinks on the dance floor! Oops! #sorrynotsorry