Whether you’re inspired by Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom, or get all of the nostalgic feels thinking about your childhood summers spent at sleep away camp, there are tons of reasons to opt for a summer camp wedding! Not only can it allow you to have all of your friends and family present in one place for the entire wedding weekend, but camps can also provide a beautiful backdrop with an added bonus of tons of activities to keep your guests occupied (swimming, canoeing, archery, fire pits, etc). Keep in mind that not all summer camps host private events (and if they do they are mostly limited to spring and fall weekends) and you’ll want to double check about alcohol and catering rules. Here are 20 photos that prove summer camp is the way to go for the rustic, outdoorsy couple!
- 1. Fun invitations that feel like childhood
- 2. Bonus points for a Camper’s Guidebook
3. Built in backdrops that are perfect as-is
4. Because you can’t get any better than mother nature herself…
5. Lighting opportunities are endless
6. And rustic indoor decor looks great too
7. Who doesn’t want that perfect canoe pic?
8. Which can also double as your beverage station…
9. A lake side view offers perfect photo opportunities
10. Or set up your own polaroid station
11. And you can’t find favors more appropriate
12. Any groomsman would love to receive this copper mug
13. Be smitten, not bitten!
14. We love this place setting for a perfectly rustic vibe
15. Fire pits for gathering around and making S’mores
16. And EPIC photos
17. Don’t forget cozy blankets for bundling up
18. And fun music makers for kids and adults alike
19. Having every bunking together for the best weekend ever
20. Enjoy the peaceful scenery!