(via Canvas on Demand)
1. Coloring wallpaper. What kid doesn’t love coloring on the walls? With coloring wallpaper you can keep kids entertained and even have it double as a backdrop for a photobooth! All you need is a piece of the wallpaper and markers, crayons or colored pencils and you’re good to go.
2. Kid friendly food. Most children are picky eaters and they may not like the beef or fish options you and your caterer have carefully selected for your special day. Make sure you have a couple of kid-approved options so that parents aren’t having to worry about their children having cake for dinner. Also be sure to have kid appropriate beverages like juice, milk, or flavored water for the little ones.
3. Dance songs kids will know. There’s a lot of classic wedding songs that adults know and love, we’re looking at you “Electric Slide,” but these don’t always resonate with children. Work with your DJ to come up with fun dance songs that kids will know too. Recently Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) has been a favorite!
4. Create a designated “Kid’s Zone”. Designate one area specifically for the children and stock it with activities (see below) that will entertain the kids for hours. Make it feel extra special by roping off the location or even allocating a special tent or teepee exclusively for the children.
5. Games. Obviously you’ll need multiple activities that are fun and age appropriate for a range of ages. A good list includes bubble wands, glow sticks, hula hoops, a lego table, puzzles, giant Jenga, sidewalk chalk, coloring wallpaper, pinatas, etc.
6. Scavenger Hunt. Up the ante with a scavenger hunt! Think about your venue ahead of time and create a list of sights or objects for the kids to search for. Create a checklist and print off enough copies for each child.
7. Origami station. Never underestimate the power of a couple of origami pattern printouts/books and a pack of square paper! Make sure to have varying levels of difficulty for kids of different ages. The finished product doubles as a fun keepsake for the little ones to take home and remember your wedding by.