So your best friends just got engaged, right? I mean, it’s the holidays and what better time is there to celebrate their love? While you’re probably thrilled for them, it also means that your holiday gift to them has to mean so much more. Luckily for you, there are a ton of amazing and adorable holiday gifts for engaged couples out there that are both cute and practical.
We’ve compiled our favorite unique engagement gifts for your couple friends over the holidays. It’s the perfect way to show them you’re excited to celebrate their relationship, while also giving them something they’ll actually be delighted by. Perfect,right?
The modern anniversary crest
A timeless classic that’s been updated for the modern day…into cute wall-art for your friends’ new living room!
A fondue set for two
Ummm, so fondue is awesome. Give them the delicious gift of melted cheese and/or chocolate, perfect for a romantic date night in.
A custom anniversary wine box
Gift them with this adorable box and three different wines. It’s a great way for you to help them celebrate their upcoming anniversaries!
Unique wall art for your last names!
I love this unique wall art — customize the photograph with your own last names.
… Keep Reading
This is a guest post by our lovely friend Bean Wagner.
Is it just me or was the um…phallic theme…never really appealing for a Bachelorette party? I mean sure, I had my own share of clever gifts when I got married, but I was young. Give me a break, okay? I was one of the first ladies to get married in my group. Bar hopping and penis straws were all that we knew we were supposed to do!
Fast forward 3 years to my much more mature self and more mature friends. We’ve changed our minds about bachelorette parties, and you should too. It’s really hard work and you’ve finally got all of your girlfriends together for a weekend — so don’t you want to make it awesome? I’m here to dish out some ideas on how to throw a New Bachelorette Party. So let’s create some pre-wedding memories, sans straws and strippers.
New Bachelorette Party Idea One: Wine Tasting
If you’re like my lady group, we love wine. And we love all getting together and drinking lots of it. So why not start your bachelorette party out with a nice wine tasting and then hit the town for a fancy dinner and drinks? To make it even more memorable, hit a couple wineries and hire a driver so that everyone is safe (and can ride together). I find that road trips create some of the best memories. Hellooooo Beyonce dance off in the back of a limo…
New Bachelorette Party Idea Two: Food Truck Hopping
… Keep Reading
This is a guest post by our friend Sophia Herbst of Cody, a health and fitness app.
A bachelorette party is one of the most anticipated parts of the wedding planning process for a bride. But if penis-shaped cakes and tequila shots don’t sound like your idea of fun, try opting for a healthy bachelorette party with fun and non-traditional activities instead! For those out there looking for unique and healthy bachelorette party ideas, we’ve compiled a list of our four favorite ways to have fun with your best gals. These activities are especially great for a group of ladies who love to be active and want to balance out their bottles of champagne with some physical fitness. Which of these activities are your fave?
1. Hike & Picnic:
Braedon Flynn Photography
Hiking is a great way to relieve stress, be active with your girls, and eat! Pack a picnic with delicious, portable bites such as goat-cheese mini-quiche, or turkey & brie sandwiches (and don’t forget the champagne!). Pick a hiking destination that’s near a beautiful lake, hidden waterfall, or has a great view. Keep in mind that you are going to be carrying some heavy stuff, and may want to choose an easy route. If you have been feeling overwhelmed, unplugging your electronics and spending a few hours in nature with your best girlfriends will make for a fun, relaxing, and healthy party.
2. Yoga Retreat:
Andrea Lee Photography via Bridal Musings
Feeling frazzled? Turn your bachelorette party into a mini-vacation with your bridesmaids by going to a nearby yoga retreat center. Yoga retreats offer activities such as daily yoga & meditation classes, massage, natural foods, hiking, whirlpool & sauna, and labyrinth gardens. You can pick from a variety of yoga retreat centers, ranging from intimate lodges to upscale spa-like centers. And you’ll return from your bachelorette party feeling centered and rejuvenated – not hungover.
3. Comedy Night: … Keep Reading
We know sometimes breaking the ice at a bridal shower can be tricky. That’s why we compiled a list of our top five bridal shower games that will definitely help you smooth the transition from total strangers to bridal shower besties! Include these awesome game ideas in your shower plans and forever be known as the coolest bridesmaid around!
Style Me Pretty
1. Wordless Wedding - This is a super fun game that can be played throughout the entire shower! As guests arrive hand them a plastic ring and explain that no one at the shower is allowed to say the forbidden word (or words if you want to make it really tricky). The word(s) can be anything you like from the groom’s name to the word wedding itself. Inform everyone that if they say the forbidden word(s) the person who catches them is allowed to steal their coveted plastic wedding bling. At the end of the shower the person with the most wedding rings wins!
2. Recipe For Love - Pass out wooden spoons and sharpies and ask the guests to write down their best wedding advice for the bride and groom. Ask them not to sign it as this message is supposed to be anonymous. Now for the fun part – collect the spoons once the guests have completed their task and give them to the bride to read aloud. Have fun listening to the collection of wedding wisdom. We guarantee they’ll be some blush worthy tips! Once every spoon has been read allow the bride to choose her favorites and award the advisors a prize.
Bonus! Save the bride’s favorite’s spoons and frame them as a sentimental wedding gift. You’re such a good bridesmaid!
Sweet C’s Designs
3. Incognito Engagement Ring - Drop a plastic wedding ring into cupcake batter before baking. Bake cupcakes as usual but don’t tell a soul about the surprise. Set up a decoration station and ask all of the guests to create a bridal themed confection. Ask the bride-to-be to rule in on which cupcake creation is her favorite. The winning cupcake creator gets to pick a prize. But wait , the funs not over yet. Before guest start to dig into their freshly frosted treats let them know that one lucky lady has a hidden surprise inside her cupcake. Once the ring is found award the guest a prize and inform her that tradition says she is next in line to say, “I do”.
The Thirty Something Bride
4. Bridal Bingo – This game is straight forward but so much fun! There are plenty of sites that feature easy to make bingo printables so you can customize your boards. Simply print your boards, start playing, and wait for the inevitable, “BINGO”!
5. TP Couture - What girl hasn’t thought about designing her own wedding dress? This crazy bridal shower game gives your guests the chance to do so. To play make sure you have plenty of toilet paper and a stop watch. You can either have guests play as teams or try to create their own wedding day ensemble. Set 15 min on the clock and let the madness begin! Once time is up, set up a catwalk and let the bride crown the winner.
Style Me Pretty
So what do you think? Are you planning to try out any of these bridal shower game ideas? Let us know which one is your favorite of tell us about a new idea in the comment section below!