When planning your wedding, DIY is a great and cheap alternative to purchasing more expensive wedding decor or souvenirs that you’ll only use once. However, with so many DIY options out there, it’s hard to tell which DIY ideas are actually worth doing. Seeing as you’re about to invest a fair amount of time, money, and energy on these projects, it’s helpful to get an idea of whether or not the DIY projects you’re choosing are worth your time. After all, if you’re a DIY rookie it’s quite hard to estimate which DIY projects will be easy, or which DIY projects you’ll be able to use again and again. Luckily for you, we’ve picked our 5 favorite DIY projects (they’re time efficient and reusable!) to incorporate into your wedding day.
1. A photo journey of your story as wedding decor. This is a great way to show your guests your relationship’s best memories in fun photos, and is the perfect way to decorate the space between your ceremony and reception. This DIY only really requires some cute photos and picture frames – afterwards, keep the pics for your new place!
Stone Crandall Photography
2. Photo bunting. Like the photo journey idea before, creating bunting out of photos of your favorite spaces and places is a great way to incorporate memories into a trendy decor item. Bunting always adds a sweet touch to special occasions, and can be used as decor for your next special occasion. Photo bunting idea via Design Love Fest.
Design Love Fest
3. Washi tape anything. Ah, washi tape. Folks, this is the most underrated DIY item ever. Washi tape is basically decorated and patterned sticky tape that is great for decorating anything. Have bland glasses that you’re using for your rehearsal dinner? Jazz them up with washi tape. Want to add a special touch to your invitation envelopes, souvenir boxes, or tea light candles? Washi tape is there to help. It’s seriously the quickest and most efficient way to decorate anything. Find awesome washi tape ideas here via Burnett’s Boards.
Burnett’s Boards … Keep Reading
Photos are a great way to add a personal touch to your wedding decor, and share memories with your friends and family. There are a ton of easy, unique ways to incorporate photos into your wedding day celebration, and one of my favorite ways is with a photo placeholder for the reception!
Seating charts and finding your spot at the wedding reception are always a little bit chaotic, and unorganized. However, this can be solved easily (and gorgeously!) with a photo placeholder for each guest. I so inspired by this Thanksgiving-themed Photojojo DIY, that I decided to make one that was fit for weddings. Photojojo used pumpkins for these placeholders, but of course, those are seasonal and not for everyone’s wedding! I put my own twist on placeholders with a small glass bottle of glitter instead. Not only will these photo placeholders brighten up your wedding reception, they’ll also make it easy for guests to find their seating assignment. And they take about 5 minutes to make – a definite bonus when you’re DIY bride crunched for time!
What you’ll need:
- A photo
- A ruler
- A paperclip
- A small glass bottle with a corked stopper (I got mine at Michaels for a dollar!)
Step 1: Trace and cut out a square of cardstock to mount your photo on. It’s helpful here to use a ruler to measure and trace a large enough square of cardstock. … Keep Reading
If it’s not obvious already, we love wedding photos! There’s just so much that one picture can tell, and your wedding is one of the most important days to document with photos. That’s why we created Wedding Party! But there’s so much that photos can lend to your wedding as decor, too! It can help tell your story as a copule, and let your guests reflect upon fond memories in your earlier years. We’ve found 10 creative DIY photo projects you can use to help decorate your wedding and share your story visually with your guests. Which one is your favorite?
1. Custom photo guest books
Have your guests sign in and leave a note for you and your beloved in simple notebooks with meaningful photos printed on the front.
2. Photos as cupcake or food toppers
We love this idea! If you’re having bite-sized goodies during your reception, photos can make great toppers and make your guests smile.
3. Balloon Photo Chandelier
A wonderful, cheap, and easy option to decorate an indoor venue. Fill up balloons in your wedding colors, and attach photos of you and your new spouse at the bottom. Guests can wander through and check out your pictures – or attach the guests’ name and table number to the back of the photo for a creative seating chart!
4. Photos as table placeholders or decor
This DIY is seriously easy, and a great way to share memories with guests at the reception. Simply put a cork in a candleholder, stick a paperclip in the cork, and put a photo in the paperclip!
One Charming Party
5. Photos as wedding favor tags
… Keep Reading