Summer wedding season is officially here! That means many of you are marking off the weekends on your calendar for weddings both local and across the country. No matter if you’re playing an important role in the wedding day or simply planning to enjoy yourself and reunite with some friends, it goes without saying that you have to look good!
We’ve rounded up some of our favorite wedding guest looks for this summer, so you can be stylish and inspired for the big day. Which of these looks below are your favorite?
Summer is here, and that means many of us are looking forward to outdoor weddings in gardens, on beaches and even in exotic destinations! However there is one type of wedding that definitely shouldn’t go forgotten in the summer months — and that is the urban vintage wedding! Having your wedding in a city and indoors means that you and your guests will have tons of fun things to do and see over the wedding weekend, and it also eliminates all the pesky summer wedding troubles like heat, bugs and more.
We love today’s vintage loft wedding in New York by Zorz Studios, which had the perfect hints of art deco glam to complement the sophisticated urban venues. The bride, Heather, has one of the most beautiful lace mermaid dresses we’ve ever seen. And can we talk for a second about the gorgeous lighting that she and Brian used for their ceremony backdrop and other wedding details?
This wedding is a must if you’re looking for a vintage glam city wedding, so read on for the perfect inspiration!
Peaches & Mint via Style Me Pretty
Wedding programs are no longer a simple piece of paper that outlines the names of the bridal party and order of the ceremony events. Instead, programs have become yet another opportunity for the bride and groom to showcase their creativity and personalities, allowing guests to feel welcomed and get a feel for how things are going to go throughout the big day.
Although not all couples choose to have programs on their wedding day due to budget or time constraints, they do make not only a useful resource for guests but also a cherished memento that both you and attendees can keep for years to come. Deciding what information to include and leave out in the wedding program is half the battle before choosing a design, so you need to consider the overall feeling and theme of your wedding day, as well as what’s most important to you and your spouse to convey to guests when they receive the program. Here’s a general outline of what you may want to include in the wedding program:
- Date, time and location of the ceremony
- Names of the bridal party – maid/matron of honor, best man, bridesmaid(s), groomsmen, usher(s), flower girl and ring bearer
- Names of important family members – parents of the bride and groom, grandparents
- Names of significant figures at the ceremony – officiant, readers, musicians
- General outline of the ceremony – depending on how formal it is or if you’re having a religious ceremony, you may want to include specific titles of readings or scriptures and songs
- Short thank you letter from the bride and groom
- In loving memory tribute to deceased family members or close loved ones
If you’re having a religious ceremony and/or holding the nuptials in a church, you may have to submit a draft to a staff member at the church for approval prior to getting the programs printed and assembled. This is to ensure that the integrity and solemnity of the religious proceedings are upheld throughout the ceremony. Be sure to check with your officiant or the office at your church for any requirements.
If you’re looking to think outside the box of a simple folded sheet of card stock, take a look at some of these unique wedding program ideas to get you inspired.
There’s so many little details that go into a wedding day — from the stationery to the decor and other goodies for your guests, it can start to feel like there’s a never-ending list of details that you need to get together before the big day. With so many to-do’s and items to print, you can start to find that all those little costs might make a hefty dent in your wedding budget. Well, we’re here to lend you budget brides and hand with some of the best free wedding printables the web has to offer for your DIY wedding!
From save the dates to invitations and LOTS of printable reception details like table numbers or guest books, these free resources are sure to simplify your planning process and save you a couple bucks along the way. We’ve listed a few of our favorite resources here:
- Something Turquoise: The best ideas for DIY save the dates and unique reception details that are sure to make guests smile
- Lia Griffith: Printable central for wedding reception decor, perfect for the bride confident in her DIY skills
- Wedding Chicks: Lots and LOTS of free, stunning save the date and wedding invitation ideas that will look amazing, no matter the size of your budget.
- Swooned Mag: Fun, luxe printable touches for reception decor and details — your guests will never know they were free!
Of course, this isn’t an exhaustive list — there’s a lot more free wedding printables out there, you just have to find the ones that’ll go perfectly with your DIY day. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite options that are sure to impress your guests… for free!